QuickBooks Online Plus and Essentials comes with an exciting feature called Time Tracking. With the help of this feature, users can ask for payment from customers depending on the number of hours spent on performing that task. It also allows users to keep track of the overall time consumed so that they can bill customers accordingly.
If you don’t know how to set up time tracking on QuickBooks Online, then you’re at the right place. We will provide the best steps to set up and switch on this amazing feature.
How To Turn On Time Tracking In QuickBooks Online
Follow the following steps carefully. We want you to take advantage of this amazing feature, so make sure you do not skip any step in between.
- First of all login in your QuickBooks Online software.
- After login click on Setting icon and choose the Account and Setting option.
- Now click on Advanced option
- A new window is open, now look for the Time tracking option
- After that click on Edit option
- In this menu, you need to set up a preferred time tracking setting
- Make a Single-Time Activity Billable or Add a Service Field to the Timesheets: When one of these boxes is selected, contractors and employees can define should be billed to the customer or not.
- Display the billing rate to the user’s entering time (not mandatory)
- The first day of the workweek: First day of the workweek- affects how contractors and employees view the weekly timesheet.
- After making your desired selection, click Done and click Save.
Add A User For Time Tracking
- In the Setting, menu click on Manage Users option
- After that click on the Add User option and the checkbox that says- Time Tracking Only.
- Now click on Next button and search for the supplier or employee that you want to add
- Again, click on Next button and enter their contact information
- At last click on the Save button.
These are the simple steps to add a user. Always remember that the added user can enter hours in the timesheet.
Note: If you click on the Time Tracking the Only checkbox while adding a user, you can not enter the user afterward. If the need for change comes; you will have to delete that user and add them back later with a new user type.
Make time billable
After setting up time tracking, you have to mark the timesheets as billable. To do that, follow these steps:-
- In Create option, Select Weekly Timesheet or Single Time Activity
- Fill all the essential details and click on the Billable checkbox
- At last, click on the Save button and close the window.
There is another option known as ‘Make time Always Billable’ steps for this feature are:
- In the Employees tab, Search for the employee for whom you want to make time Always billable.
- After that, click on the checkbox that says- Billable by Default
- Now search the employee you want then Edit
- At last click on Save button
Get Access To All Time Tracking Reports
- In order to get access to reports, click on Reports option on your QuickBooks Online software.
- Now an Enter Report Name field will appear, where you need to enter any of these options-
- Most Recent or Updated Time Activities
- Time Activities By Client Information
- Unbilled time
I hope the above steps are clear and will help you to turn on the newest feature in QuickBooks Online easily. In case you face any problem related to QuickBooks then contact us on our QuickBooks Support toll-free helpline number. Our QuickBooks experts team is always available to provide the best solutions to resolve the issues related to QuickBooks or its products such as- QuickBooks Payroll, QuickBooks Hosting, POS, Online, Desktop, etc.